Throw some shapes. Trim some lines. Make great stuff.
Pack up your attention for detail and fire up your curiosity,
we’re here to teach you a thing or two about design.
Profession: Visual Designer
Job Level: Work Experience
Casual position + geeky banter
So you like making things huh? You’re studying/not studying/doing not-fun things, and you’re ready to get experience on some serious work, for some serious clients, in a (mostly) serious environment?
Well, pack up that occasionally creepy attention to detail, round up your favourite typeface, and ship your design talents over this way, because we’re looking for a creative ‘Maker-of-Cool-Things’ to join in our shenanigans and get some A-Grade design experience along the way.
From nailing big campaign strategy to developing timeless commercial masterpieces; we tackle any problem that gets thrown our way and pride ourselves on doing a damn fine job of it. If you’re looking to soak up experience from the talent fountain of an award winning agency, then this is the place for you and your sponge brain.
Learning from some of the best creative minds in the business isn’t a light task; you’ll be pushing your pencil to the limit to produce some of your best work ever, and that takes something special. The ability to design the heck out of your sister’s birthday invite isn’t all we’re after; we want someone a little different, someone who can slam the pixels where they need to go and then smash them back up again and write a song with the pieces. We need you to be curious, self-motivated, and always up for a challenge if you’re going to come out with the title.
These things will help you go the distance:
- Currently studying, or completed a degree in Design or Visual Communication
- Experience with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign primarily)
- Mac attack skills
- A pretty decent understanding of what an ‘Ad’ is
- A super eye for detail
- Strong work ethic and time management skills
- 2-3 free days a week for “fun stuff”
- Enough curiosity to wipe out the entire feline population
- Work closely with our Art and Creative teams to develop design solutions
- Attend briefings and involve yourself in the creative process across multiple projects
- Participate in brainstorming sessions
- Develop presentation skills by presenting ideas and designs to staff
- Actively assist in promoting Common Ventures by sharing relevant online content, and developing creative content for social